I work on stable isotopic analysis of organic and inorganic materials.My present research projects include work on long-term changes in atmospheric CO2, isotopic tracing of organic molecular biomarkers, isotopic fractionation during biosynthesis of cell components and degradation in sediments, and identification and stable isotopic analysis of biomarkers in ancient sediments.
I am accepting new graduate students for the 2021-2022 academic year. Please contact me to learn about opportunities in my research group.
- Ph.D.: Geology at Stanford University
- M.S.: Geology at Dartmouth College
- B.S.: Geology at Dartmouth College
- GSCI 4720 / GSCI 5900: Environmental Geochemistry
- GSCI 4430 / GSCI 5430: Stable Isotope Biogeochemistry