Interns Needed – Summer 2016
The Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission (CCRPC) seeks interns for the summer months (June – August) of 2016. The Commission is charged with land use and transportation planning within Chittenden County, Vermont. More information about CCRPC is available at – http://www.ccrpcvt.org/
* Set-up & perform speed studies and traffic counts at specified locations in Chittenden
County for: Roadways, Intersections and Bicycle/Pedestrian paths.
* Conduct municipal infrastructure inventories (signs, culverts, or sidewalks) using GPS.
* Conduct pavement and road erosion surveys.
* Data entry and Quality Control.
* Independent research projects may be assigned as necessary.
Pay is $13.00/hour and technicians are expected to work 40 hours per week. CCRPC will pay for mileage costs at the allowable IRS reimbursement rate. Standard work week is Monday-Thursday with 10 hour days.
Chittenden County, Vermont. Includes the cities of Burlington, South Burlington, and Winooski as well as 14 other local municipalities.
Beginning Early June – Mid August 2016.
* Basic computer skills.
* Strong technical and organizational skills.
* Can work independently in an office environment and in the field.
* Knowledge of traffic engineering, planning concepts, GIS, and GPS is preferred.
* Must be able to pick up and carry equipment bins and/or toolboxes weighing roughly 40 pounds, work in outside conditions, and sit or stand for extended periods.
Application materials are due by Friday, April 8th, 2016. The interview process will commence as materials are received.
To apply e-mail cover letter and resume to:
Chittenden County RPC
110 West Canal St., Suite 202
Winooski, VT 05404-2109
Phone: 802 846 4490 ext *12